Our standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) is the UK Government's recommended method system for measuring the energy rating of residential dwellings. Route5 can offer a full energy assessment service, which essentially includes guidance on both fuel reduction methods and how to make designs more economic to achieve your intended energy ratings.
Here at Route5 we are able to offer SAP Calculations for new built homes, conversions, extensions or RdSAP’s for existing homes throughout the Leicestershire area and the earlier we start the better! DER/TER calculations need to be submitted to building control before work starts on site, however getting them done further in advance will also allow for the energy efficiency of the dwelling to be considered whilst it is being designed.
What is a SAP calculation?
A SAP calculation takes into account all the thermal elements of a building such as walls, roof, windows ect and combines it with the methods of heating, controls, numbers of lights etc to calculate the carbon emissions. There is a Target rate (TER) and a Dwelling emission rate (DER) the Dwelling has to emit less than its target.
Extensions/Change Of Use
In addition SAP calculations may also be required in order to support building regulations applications for existing dwellings – for example, when an extension is being added, or when a building undergoes a material change of use or material alteration.
Based upon plans, drawings and specifications provided by clients we are able to:
- Offer advice of construction materials and specifications
- Target carbon dioxide emission rate/dwelling carbon dioxide emission emission rate calculations
- SAP calculations for new build properties in England and Wales under Part L1a of the Building Regulations covered by SAP 2001, SAP 2005, SAP 2009
- SAP calculations for extensions to existing dwellings and material change of use on England and Wales under part L1b of the building regulations
- Calculate u values of the building elements
- Predicted Energy Assessments (PEAs)
- Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
- Dwelling annual fuel costs
- Water Efficiency Calculations
SBEM is for non domestic buildings in correlation with the Green Deal & Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD). It is used to measure CO2 emission rates for new buildings to keep you in compliance with Part L of the Building Regulations. SBEM Calculations are also used to supply Energy Performance Certificates for non-domestic buildings.